As Senior Product Evangelist for Adobe Technical Communication Suite and Adobe eLearning Solutions, RJ Jacquez (@rjacquez on Twitter) opened the presentation with a brief overview of the Adobe Technical Communications Suite 2, which includes five applications in one package:
- Adobe RoboHelp® 8 (Enhanced suite version): Creates professional help systems and knowledge-bases.
- Adobe FrameMaker® 9 (Enhanced suite version): Authors and publishes technical documentation.
- Adobe Captivate® 4: Rapidly creates engaging learning experiences.
- Adobe Photoshop CS4: Delivers image processing capabilities.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended: Delivers PDF communications.
Adobe RoboHelp® 8
Adobe RoboHelp® 8 offers these features:
- ability to save your frequently used workflows
- updated industry standards & formats
- increased choices in templates and styles
- FrameMaker import / export including PDF output
- workflow review with Adobe AIR
- improved search, cross browser compatibility
With RoboHelp® 8, you can take printed documentation and repurpose it for online help, either knowledge-based or information-based.
Adobe FrameMaker® 9
Adobe FrameMaker 9 offers these features:
- Brand new CS4-like UI.
- Modular books for topic-based authoring with support for nested books and new section & subsection autonumbering.
- Books now support hierarchical structure with groups, folders, and the ability to exclude files from publishing.
- Contains XML, FM, DITA topics, DITA maps, book maps, and nested books.
- Full support for DITA 1.1 and 1.2.
- Round-trip PDF commenting through the suite.
- Web DAV enhancements with full support: CMYK support on Windows, Character Palette, Save History, and Asian Language support.
RJ Jacquez recommends starting in FrameMaker, even if you are only delivering online help, as it lets you embrace a structured environment, with a single source work flow. This work flow lets you generate PDF documents and leverage the power of reusability, through out-of-the-box DITA.
Lets you go beyond screen captures to author rich eLearning experiences.
In the spirit of Web 2.0 technologies, lets you support short, engaging software demonstrations: “Click here to play…,” quick tutorials, and inclusion of 3D models in the PDF.
Adobe Photoshop CS4 lets you create powerful images with the professional standard.
Adobe Acrobat 9® Pro Extended
Acrobat 9 Pro Extended offers these new features and enhancements:
- Create interactive on-demand presentations, with Adobe Presenter software.
- Combine multiple files in a single PDF Portfolio.
- Use professional templates for PDF Portfolios.
- Convert video to FLV for playback in PDF files.
- Enjoy support for 3D content and interactive PDF maps.
Acrobat 9 Pro Extended includes these utilities:
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES
- Adobe Presenter
- Adobe 3D Reviewer
- Adobe 3D Capture Utility for UNIX®
About This Blog: Copyright Information
Contacting the Author: Content for a Convergent World – Peg Mulligan’s Blog